HOW TO HELP THE MISSION
Donate Liturgical Items
One of our greatest needs is liturgical items. For info on how to send items to Guatemala, please contact email@example.com. As of 2017, these are the liturgical items that we need most in the mission:
- Baptismal crosses, preferably three-barred crosses. It is common for the priests to celebrate dozens of baptisms in a single day. Here is a very good cross that can be purchased in bulk to donate to the mission: http://www.tinyurl.com/kxs93nc
- A festal icon set for all 12 great feasts. Here is a set that would be perfect in the x-large (11" x 17") size: http://tinyurl.com/m8ojdy8.
- Chrism containers. Here is a good option: http://tinyurl.com/k2ygtgb
- Holy water sprinklers. Here is a good option: http://tinyurl.com/lbxjgza
- Anointing brushes. This option is more expensive but it is perfect for our traveling priests because of the included cap: http://tinyurl.com/ksoeqsj. This is a more basic, affordable option: http://tinyurl.com/oklhxq8.
- Communion spoons. Here is a good option: http://tinyurl.com/kjzutbw.
- Incense. This "lily of the valley" incense is one possible option: http://tinyurl.com/lolrx4u.
You can volunteer today through the Orthodox Christian Mission Center. OCMC is a pan-Orthodox organization endorsed by the Assembly of Orthodox Bishops. OCMC provides opportunities for you to serve on short-term mission teams in Guatemala (1-2 weeks) and they offer possibilities for long-term work abroad (2 years). For more info, view the upcoming short-term mission trips or inquire about becoming a long-term missionary.
Support a Missionary
The missionaries in Guatemala rely on monthly contributions from people like you. When you support the missionaries, you become a co-missionary and a partner in the work of Jesus Christ. Support one of the missionaries today by visiting the missionary page at OCMC.org.